Emergency Orthodontist – Nashua, NH
Get Your Treatment Plan (and Smile!) Back on Track
Let’s start with some good news: orthodontic emergencies are quite rare. Of course, when they do happen, it’s important to act quickly so your treatment plan (and your smile!) aren’t negatively impacted. So, if you have a loose bracket, a protruding wire, you’ve lost one of your aligners, or something similar, give our Nashua emergency orthodontist, Dr. Sam Alkhoury, a call and schedule a same-day appointment, if necessary. You’re also welcome to read on to learn more on the topic!
Why Choose Simply Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics for Orthodontic Emergencies?
- Same-Day Appointments Available
- Orthodontist with 25+ Years of Experience
- Dental Insurance and Medicaid Welcome
How We Treat Orthodontic Emergencies
Naturally, the severity of the situation and the necessary treatment isn’t the same for each patient, which is why how we intervene will be completely tailored to your specific dental and orthodontic needs. With that said, this is a general overview of the process:
- Call our office: Although most orthodontic emergencies are nothing to be alarmed about, we completely understand that patients can feel stressed amid handling one. So, don’t hesitate to give our Nashua team a call! After learning more about what happened, we can provide you with specific instructions on what to do next, from placing dental wax over your braces to moving onto the next set of clear aligners.
- Schedule an appointment: If your orthodontic emergency requires additional care, then we will also schedule a time for you to come in. If your situation is more serious, then we may even recommend visiting us the very same day. However, in most cases, scheduling an appointment within a day or two will suffice.
- Get the care you need: Of course, the last step is intervening with the appropriate care. Before getting started, we will clearly explain what to expect and review the associated costs so there aren’t any surprises at the end of your appointment. We can provide you with more detailed recommendations on how to prevent this orthodontic emergency from occurring moving forward as well.
The Most Common Orthodontic Emergencies
Just because orthodontic emergencies are more rare doesn’t mean they aren’t stressful. On the contrary, many patients experience more anxiety because they aren’t sure what to do or where to turn for help! Of course, our Nashua team aims to be here for you when you need us most, which is why we encourage you to call us with any questions you have or to schedule an appointment. Plus, you can learn more about common orthodontic emergencies and how to handle them right here.
Understanding the Cost of Orthodontic Emergencies
If you’re worried about the cost of orthodontic emergencies in Nashua, please know that our team at Simply Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics is here to help – we don’t want you to stress either! In fact, that’s one of the reasons we offer multiple financial solutions to our patients. For example:
- We welcome dental insurance and Medicaid.
- We accept flexible financing with CareCredit.
- We offer periodic special offers.
At your appointment, we will review each of these more in-depth so you can determine what choice is best for your specific budget.
Keys to Preventing Orthodontic Emergencies
The following best practices will help you prevent orthodontic emergencies now and throughout your entire treatment:
- Abide by the dietary restrictions (like not eating anything crunchy or chewy).
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
- Avoid unhealthy habits, such as chewing on ice.
- Commit to a solid oral hygiene regimen.
- Get a dental checkup and cleaning twice a year.